Saturday, May 14, 2011

Mega Post

Buckle your seat belts folks, a lot of photos are coming your way.

I spent the weekend at a mini family reunion in Long Beach. It was great to see the fam and it was really nice to finally slow down for a few days. I didn't really have a purpose, just cruised around with the camera and spent a lot of time in the ocean. It was really nice to just hang out and not have any intentions when shooting, basically taking photos of anything that looks cool. I haven't done that in awhile and it was great to get back to the roots.

I also spent a lot of time surfing. I really like to surf and usually I don't have the opportunity to so I was all over it and ended spending most of my time in the water. The conditions weren't great but I had nothing to complain about, I had a blast. Photo cred goes to my mom on this one:


One of the days the boys headed over to a car show. I'd never been to one before so I tagged along with the camera and snagged a few shots. It was crazy to see the variety of cars there from all different years, amazing how much work people had put into these to restore them to mint condition.

Also in this post are a few images from 2 days of assignment shooting at school. I wasn't sure about it at first but it turned out to be a good challenge making quality images happen in a short period of time and a confined area.

As you can see... a ton of photos from all different places. Here are my five favorites from the week:






The helicopter shot always brings this video to mind http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw. I'm not a huge fan of the song but the start of the video is pretty dang cool.

Here's the mass, my top five are also in here:







(I saw a lot of cars at the car show but the above photo still has my two favorite vehicles)







(not only is his car awesome, he also wins the prize for best sideburns)





















No comments: