Sunday, May 22, 2011

Split Toning, Gradient Work, and a LensBaby

"Its good to get out and practice... I envy good gradient work on landscapes (http://www.wieslawpoltorak.com/-/wieslawpoltorak/) and I realized the only way to get better is to go out and practice. When I went shooting I wasn't focused on getting good images, I was focusing on gaining more experience in a few areas."

That was my original write up when I posted these photos. I hadn't even thought about really looking at them, I just wanted to get them up. As I said I was shooting for practice not to get good images so I didn't think anything of it. But today I happened to stumble back upon these and I realized that I really like them. I printed up a 5"x20" of the third image and I can't stop staring at it, it's different from what I'm used to and I'm really feeling it. It's amazing seeing the difference from a downsized internet image to a quality print, I like them both but the print draws me in much deeper.

I think the difference was my mind frame when I was shooting these, it's insane that a slight change in purpose can drastically change the way I was shooting. I feel like I've opened up some new doors and I'm excited to get out and shoot with some different mind frames, it'll be interesting to see the results.







No comments: