Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Calgary

To say the least, the Calgary trip was full of wild adventures. I experienced a meth bust at the always classy Super 8 Motel, witnessed a dislocated rib, almost got my car "torched" on false accusations of drug possession, helped a friend cradle a thought to be broken neck, and most importantly got my years share of poutine.

Five of us went on the trip, here is the family photo:


We went to try and conquer Godzilla (cell phone picture):


It turns out that Godzilla conquered us (don't worry he turned out being 100% okay):



We did end up hitting a lot of other fun rails and all in all it was a great trip. To get more of an update on the riding head on over to http://northlandgang.blogspot.com/.

In the past I've spent a lot of the winter in Canada, this year was different and Calgary was my first time in Canada this season. I really like Canada so it was great to be back, especially to shoot in the Rockies. They're such immense mountains and I honestly have nothing else to compare them to.
I have a lot of images so I'll let them explain the rest:




(Photo Cred Jake Nelson)












5 comments:

btwitch said...

Good images, you are really developing a knack for landscape photography.

My big suggestion, wait for it, you ready? Well, first get your assignments in on time, but even more if you are talking about how big something is, you really need to have something in the foreground to give some perspective to it.

Nice editing- push yourself, expand out to try something new and different.

Anonymous said...

The one of the lake I assume it is, is absolutely beautiful. (: My second favorite from those ones is the one of the little shack type thing, with all the signs on it. (: Actually, that one is my number one favorite. (: These are all such great photos. Looks like you guys had fun where ever you went. (:

Anonymous said...

These pictures are definitely sick. The landscapes have really good color and exposure. My favorite is the picture of the wooden carving. That picture is really interesting. The texture is amazing on it and the contrast is good.

Courtney Bissell said...

I really enjoyed looking at all of these photos because they are beautiful! I love the natural landscaping and the color and exposure in all of them are great! The blue water in some of them really adds color to the pictures. I think you did a great job on these photos and there is nothing I would change about them.

Anonymous said...

These are so cool! I love the color in all of them. I think that contrast is great, but I think that the picture of him standing with the background cut in half would have been stronger if you knelt down and made it a rule of thirds instead. Other then that, great job.