Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lucky

Day by day Lucky slowly gets older and older.

I've grown up with this dog and she's the closest thing to a sibling that I've ever had. When we were younger kids would be out in their front yards playing with their brothers and sisters while I was out there having just as much fun with Lucky. Not only was she a companion but also a guardian, to this day she's protective of me and I can still remember the days when she would walk me to the school bus in the morning. Those days were long ago and Lucky isn't quite the pup she used to be. Her hearings shot and she can't see much of anything but every once in awhile she'll have one of those days that I find myself questioning how old she really is.

Today was one of those days and I couldn't help but take the opportunity to document one of Lucky's better days in her later years. She's always been one of my go to subjects to try new things out with but as of the last few years I've shot with her less due to her aging. Today brought back some great memories and made me once again realize how big a part of my life this dog has been.

One of my all time favorite images (summer 09):


On top of being and extremely photogenic dog I get that feeling that when I'm shooting she has an idea of whats going on. It doesn't change the way she acts but every now and again I catch a single pose that is so different from the rest, and I only happen to see it when the camera is out. I have no other word to describe it but majestic. She's a smart dog, she's knows whats going, and she somehow ends up perfect for the given situation.

Here's to a few more years for the best dog on the planet:












3 comments:

Sadii Link said...

There is so much heart in this post, it's amazing. Just reading through it the emotion of it flowed really well and you captured such a great post by doing so. It's amazing how you can do such a thing.
Anyways, I would like to say that you did great with this post, the emotion makes it stronger and the images alone are great. Posts like this make me question whether you ALWAYS need inspiration on a post like this, you seem to carry enough inspiration through your words without posting someone else's photos to prove it.
The pictures of Lucky through the water are really great, I also really like the picture where you shot down and she's looking up at the camera.
It's crazy how sometimes moments feel as if animals are the most human as it gets, the innocence between them and glows through their eyes, it's fantastic.
You did a great job, keep it up.
You're going somewhere, sir.

btwitch said...

http://screencast.com/t/v3HYhZnhX

Anonymous said...

These photos were fantastic. I really liked them and think that your dog is beautiful. The coloring is very good and there is some nice contrasting going on. I didn't see any thing wrong with your photos so keep up the good work!