Sunday, November 21, 2010

Opening Weekend


Winter is here.

I headed to Mt.Baker with a few friends over the past weekend for their opening day. One thing about Baker is that, at least for me, it never disappoints. Such a great time and it was a perfect way to start the winter.

Earlier last week I started doing a project for a photo competition for Sports Creel. They're packed right now and they wanted me to get in there when there ready room was full to the brim. The biggest challenge when shooting something like this is turning the massive number of whatever it is, in this case skis, into some orderly so your eye doesn't get distracted. It's difficult because you have to keep the image concise and not confusing but you still have to correctly document the immense number of skis.

Here's an image that I think is lit well and properly executes what I talked about above, definitely a little different than the usual posts but I think its nice every once in awhile to show some different aspects.


We snow camped over the weekend so I got a chance to do a little landscape work. I'm trying to use trees to break images into different pieces and I can't figure out if I like it or not. Anyways here's a few from Baker:






1 comment:

btwitch said...

Why are you not watermarking your images? I just noticed that. It doesn't have to be big, but you really should put a little watermark on there.
SO, did you win the photo contest that you speak of in this post? Did you win some new skis, or possibly a manly snowboard? :)

Last image is beautiful, love the range of tones in it. Looks great.
Any links?