Sunday, December 12, 2010

Restructuring

Time, I got a whole lot of it on my hands right now and I'm a little bummed because I'm not quite in the condition to shoot yet. I can get around a little bit in the studio but outside isn't an option. So instead of shooting I'm able to get a lot of much needed behind the scenes S6 Photo things done. My cataloguing/back up routine is pretty good but I'm getting the chance go through and make sure that everything is perfect and a little easier to find through the use of keywords and such. People don't realize how important it is to correctly back up all your work to multiple places on and off site until they lose something. It's happened to me, luckily it wasn't everything, but I was never able to get those images back. I could go in depth into my backup routine but there is a thorough explanation of a really good routine here.

Another major task during my downtime is rebuilding/restructuring the portfolio site, s6photo.com. I plan on changing it up and getting some fresh images on there, this is where you come in. What are your favorite images on the site? Your least favorites? Any images from the blog that aren't on the site that come to mind? This would help me out immensely so if you have a second either drop me a comment with what you think, send me an email to info@s6photo.com , or just post a link to a photo that you like/dislike. The staple images like Lucky, the moon over the mountain, the Chilean graffiti, and a few others will for sure stay up but the rest can either stay or be replaced depending on what you have to say.

I've been looking at some more shows/galleries to apply to recently, hopefully they'll pan out and it'll be a busy 2011 for S6 Photo.

The blog has been a little bland recently because I haven't been able to shoot so for some fun here is a little edit I scrapped together with the crash footage from the week of Thanksgiving:

IF YOUR EASILY OFFENDED BY LANGUAGE DO NOT WATCH THIS


I had to try and pick up the camera so here's a few images from the studio:

Corey before smacking his face on the wall:
After


And finally I stumbled upon this video. The shots are insane, I would love to somehow get into this type of filming.

Have a good week.
-Essex

1 comment:

btwitch said...

Great video edit. Very nice indeed. I found myself cringing quite a few times.