Sunday, December 19, 2010

A Closer Look

Shooting on crutches is tough, doable yes but tough. I never realized how physically demanding shooting can be. It sounds like a joke buts it's the truth and I didn't realize it until this past 3 weeks.

I finally got outside and tried to see if I could make anything happen, it was really interesting. The difference isn't that I couldn't get somewhere, people can say different but its possible to get a lot of places on crutches, the problem was how long it took to get there. When I'm shooting landscapes and say I see a ridge that looks like it may have a good perspective it's not a big deal to run up there and check it out. If it works great but if it doesn't, no big deal to run back. Today I found myself at fewer locations but I explored those spots a lot more than usual. Definitely gives you a closer look at the smaller things, things that are usually only components of the greater image.

Good experience? For sure, so good to get outside with the camera. Any worthy photos? Not so much but thats okay, its just a blog. I spent a little more time than usual editing too, some different looks, some a little crazier than others but all somewhat different edits from the norm.

A few photos from a crippled adventure on the prairie:








If you have some time on your hands head over to lensrental.com and check out the articles section. They have some really good in depth articles on topics like how autofocus really works and why some copies of lenses are sharp and some aren't.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really like pictures 1,3 & 5 completely different than your regular style plus I really like the composition on these.

chase lamphiear said...

S6:
Dude I love the pictures of the power lines, especially the blue sky one!! great moment in time captured. exelent job with all these photos though. nice to see your shooting again
- Chase