Monday, February 21, 2011

Through a Window

It seems like so much of life is spent looking through a window. Most spend it looking out from an office window or classroom. Others spend their time looking through an automobile or airplane windshield. A good number of people have to look through their glasses or contacts. The lucky ones spend their time looking through a pair of sunglasses or goggles.

The point is that we all spend a lot of time looking through something that separates our eyes from whatever happens to be outside. Everyone gets used to it but, no matter what your looking through it alters the image you are seeing. We learn to work with it, but its always important to remember that there's a whole lot out there that your not seeing.

This thought came about when I was traveling and trying to shoot through a plane window. I could only see bits and pieces below but from that I knew of the potential of the area. I was trying to imagine what it would have been like if I could hang off the plane wing and shoot directly down to get a full, unobstructed view. Obviously I couldn't do that so I worked with the window and tried to document the best I could of the surroundings. I did and it worked okay but I couldn't stop thinking about how much this window was restricting my ability to show what was really out there.

When it comes down to it were always looking through this "window" and it's best to remember that there's a lot out there that were not seeing. In my view the only way to progress is to constantly try to get past the window of view and if it doesn't work, well at least you learned a little something and you'll be ready for the next time. Hopefully someday I'll be able to take a camera sky diving haha.

Here's a few images from through a window:







Anyways I came home to some good snow and blue skies which set up for a few good adventures:

Jordan loving himself a mid day snack

Sled Neckin'




Cocollala lake (Could be a future gallery piece, I'm really liking it)


Next week...


And finally I was doing some photo archiving and came along this gem, gotta love family vacations:


2 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
btwitch said...

Don't forget to include your links.

Nice project. Good to have a theme and stick with it in a project, gives your focus on what you are shooting.